In the Discord, we’ve seen a lot of good ideas already out there for this years 2023 RoboMasters NA Competition!
I would like to compile these ideas in this forum; if you have an idea, please comment it on this thread, and as ideas are approved and assigned, I’ll edit them into this main post.
Ideas below. Unassigned are first. Updated 11/2/2022
The Blue Alliance for RMNAUnassigned
A consistently updated, accurate, and accessible means of accessing information about the event, schedule, scores, etc. i.e. The Blue Alliance, The Orange Alliance, a Google Sheet, etc. Should be accessible both to participants and viewers on Twitch. Shaur note: Could use something like Start.gg
Display Robots with Trifold descriptions for Technically InclinedUnassigned
Having a display robot (or two) at a table so people can see what the robots look like up-close. Having like a trifold poster explaining the different subsystems for the more technically inclined.
Banners on the matching side of the team playingUnassigned
Having teams bring their banners to the field and hang them up on their sides.
Kickoff Video Introducing the SeasonUnassigned
Could be a hype style video including multiple team collaborations. Details need to be clarified.
A rules podcast where people go over the rule changes and speculate about the meta. Should include multiple universities as an RMNA collaboration. Vod will be put on YouTube.
RMUL Rules Release VideoAssigned to Shaur
A FIRST style video for the upcoming 2023 Competition including rules changes. Game animation.
Improved Stream Experience IdeasAssigned to RMNA Seattle Crew
The below is all for an improved stream experience:
- Start stream on setup/practice day
- The casters can talk about each team and their robots, do a match schedule reveal, make predictions, etc…Could be a shorter stream
- Have pre-planned segments (not commercials/ads) between matches and during breaks (lunch, delays, etc…)
- Team Videos - Short pre-recorded team introduction/marketing pitch type video; can be played at any time ~1hr of content
- Post Match Interviews - Talk to drivers/team captain about match results/details
- “Pit Pass” - Live behind the scenes style (would require more media resources); have a caster in the pits analyze a team’s robot(s); could highlight cool features/technical components and dive deep into the engineering; could be done at any time
- Simultaneous Bilibili stream.
- Chinese shoutcaster. Stream on official RM Bilibili channel?
Screens and Visuals for matches and match scheduleAssigned to RMNA Seattle Crew
Having additional TVs, projectors, etc. around the venue playing the livestream. Having the screens rotate through the match schedule, standings occasionally. Having on-site display not just be the livestream.
More field pre-match shotsAssigned to RMNA Seattle Crew
Close up tracking shots during matches similar to what is done in FRC. Would require more manpower; probably 2-4 people on just cameras. I know this idea is somewhat unpopular in FRC due to how it interferes with scouting, but for our purposes I don’t see huge issues.